Friday, January 9, 2009

Bye bye iPod Touch

So I didn't win the iPod Touch. I didn't even win a t-shirt. Wasted all my effort using up my Singlish quota in one single post. I wanted to shout "referee kayu", but then I saw the organiser was MICA. Aiyoh, gahmen body one, don't play play. They know where I live.

Of course I'm a sore loser - I'm Singaporean what, everything must win one! Otherwise must quickly form committee to brainstorm how we can beat the system.

Anyway, I'm guessing there were 3 reasons why I lost. (Three only lah! Lose already still want to think of 10??)

1) All these young'uns are so tech savvy, got those nifty gadgets and can work them as expertly as the prata man can throw his prata. Me, I only have a Stone Age Nikon which produces blur pictures on principle. (Of course it's the camera's fault! Are you saying it's mine?) Or maybe the organisers figured the iPod Touch would be lost on me.

2) These gahmen people got no sense of humour, very hung up on protocol one - I just mention Brands Essence of Chicken only they consider it product placement, kenah disqualified.

3) Once again, mummies are under appreciated - even in contest, we're underrepresented and not considered important enough. These people obviously never watch the movie The Mummy. Brandon Fraser keeps trying to eliminate them but MUMMIES ALWAYS COME BACK.

So sorry mothers, your faith in me was very touching but I end up still must cut coupons leh...

7 comments:

Lilian said...

KELONGGGGG!!!!

monlim said...

Bwahahaha!!!

eunice said...

It definitely was rigged. Nebber mind, you are still #1 with your fans!

Alcovelet said...

Alamak, how can!! Ne'er mind - it was a fabulous piece of writing and we all loved it. Too bad the gahmen doesn't have an eye for true talent!!

Anonymous said...

Mon, you are really farny....LOL

You are #1 no doubt with your fans. I'm one of your fan!

Chris

monlim said...

Aww... ladies, you're all very sweet. Nebber mind lah, I had fun writing it anyway and I glad you enjoyed it :)

bACk in GERMANY said...

Mon, sorry that you didn't win the iPod Touch. I was so sure you'd win... I also almost placed a bet on you, you know lah.. those underground bookies! ;)
Maybe you didn't add... famous in Singapore and JB, and some say even in Batam too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...